Bus

Bus

Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Launch

This is a blog about a bus and those who ride it to get where they need to go each day.  Bus 13, to be precise.  The 13 and its inhabitants came into my life over a year ago when I needed transportation to work in Providence.  Riding the bus and figuring out the schedule and the right place to show up to get picked up had always seemed too complicated and overwhelming to figure out, but I took a deep breath because I had no car.  I now have a car, but the 13 has a hold on me.  I can't stop riding it.  I can't stop observing my fellow Riders and wondering who they are and how they got to the places in their lives that brought them to the 13.  Since today is Sunday, there is no bus service.  I wonder what those without any type of transportation other than the Bus do on a day like today?  It is my hope that I can keep up with this blog and capture a segment of the population that is often overlooked and misunderstood.  So.  Let The Bus Blog Begin.

5 comments:

  1. You have some catching up to do...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pressure already! No bus tomorrow either. Holiday.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! I look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome!! already bookmarked in my favorites!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to your future episodes!

    ReplyDelete